Thursday, January 5, 2012

My fav places to eat in New York

First, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As you know, I moved in New York 6 months ago now. So I start to have a list of a few places where I like to go to drink or eat... or both. Yes I am french, and it happens to be that we (frenchies) are pretty obsessed with food and drinks. Can't help it. So since we are in the "best of 2011" spirit, let me recap my 2011 coup de coeur.

First, BRUNCH at Kitchenette. Perfect when you wake up starving after noon. The french toasts are delicious and the cappuccino is a REAL cappuccino. I hope I will have time to come often and taste everything, because all the cakes seem fantastic.




COFFEE & WORK at Think coffee. Really cool place with a college vibe where you can drink good organic coffee and tea with fare trade certification. Not even more expensive than Starbucks, and with a way better environement to work. Very good playlist, wich is pretty important for me.

BAGELS  at Zucker's Bagels. Really small place but really good and fresh bagels. A lot of different type of fish and cream cheese. Best bagel so far!


SOULFOOD at Mama Ruth's. Well you must have heard about this typical South food restaurant in Harlem. They start with hot cornbread without asking anything, and the honey chicken is amazing... you must be a giant to finish the whole plate with two sides, but the mashed potatoes is so delicious that you eat it like a treat. Yummy!


AFRICAN FOOD at Meskerem. It was the first time I try Ethiopian food, and it is totally different from african food I usually eat in Paris. Really tasty, and the best way to do it is to share a bunch of different meals with friends.

A GLASS OF WINE at Ace Hotel. Trendy and cool place with an original interior design. Live music on sunday night. But it is really packed all the time...

SUMMER NIGHT at Union Pool Bar. Very Brooklyn type of place, with live music, Djs, and an outside space, just perfect to chill with friends.

Let me know what are your good places to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment